Saturday 16 January 2010

To Do

There are many things I need to do to design my book.  I have the following book: indie publishing
 
which I will read through to give me ideas on book design and how to publish a book. It also has a chapter on Adobe In-Design which may prove useful.

I will also have a look at these:
 
PHOTO PROJECTS BOOK how to  make and publish a photobook
 
I have to think of a typeface and make a maquette of the book, which is basically a rough model – a dummy book and needs to be presented on 11 February.  I need to be looking at the form and content of the book now – the whole process happens together – research, taking pictures and designing the book. 
The design of the book must be appropriate with the subject matter.
Three copies of the book must be produced and I may be able to use some of the images from the last project.  I’ve also got to take into account how much money I will be spending on the book.
I need to find some printers.  I will try and find printers as locally as possible, so I can keep popping in to see them regularly.  As I am photographing in the North West, I think using a local printer to keep everything in the geographical area.  I may decide to print my book online using Blurb or Lulu.