Monday 5 April 2010

Book Design

In the last post, I had decided to drop the interview text for my book.  However … I have been thinking of adding it to the end of the book – all interviews in one block.  As a few of them weren’t interviewed, I decided the continuity would look awful if I had interviews on some pages and not on others.

However …………  I have looked at Brian Griffin’s book ‘Team’ and I will try it like this:

brian griffin team.jpg It’s very subtle and doesn’t interfere with the impact of the photographs.  I will probably do the text in light grey.  I have also found a solution for those nightworkers I didn’t interview – I will fit two images facing each other.  This will, as I have stated, solve the problem of having a blank page where others have text and also ‘break up’ the book a little to stop it stagnating.

I also love the book cover – no text at all.  Why not?  I’ll also try this and see what it looks like.

brian griffin team cover brian griffin team cover 02

  The cover of his catalogue has great impact.

One of Griffin’s other books ‘Work’ also has an interesting front cover which incorporates the text.

brian griffin work